Sunday, February 03, 2008

You're letting the boys do what?

In a moment of motherly weakness, I allowed the boys to stay over at their friend's house on Superbowl Sunday. Why? Well, I don't give a shit about football but the boys do, and their friend's whole family loves football. Where do you think they'd rather be? The family also lives very close to their school so they could sleep in a little later after watching the WHOLE game. I think I wouldn't mind football so much - if it weren't for all the commercials. Players probably hate stopping every five minutes; no time to get their groove on.

The smitten socks are finished and blocking as I type!

smitten toe

smitten finished

I'm over half done with a pair of Saartje's booties for a co-worker's soon-to-be-born baby boy. The pattern is so cute, quick, and satisfying. I have plenty of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran left over to make several pair. Tomorrow, there's a trip to the LYS for wee buttons. I'm going to try a crocheted button loop for them. I wish there were a wee foot in this house to try it on! (Note: picture not to scale. Heh.)

william's bootie

The other unfinished chore is repairing the dryer. I'm fairly certain the heating element is shot, so after getting it out of the dryer I went to the parts store which is closed on Sunday (I kind of had the feeling this would be the case), so the old part is just hanging out in the back hatch of the car. The piece was a bitch to get out, and it seems like putting the new one in is only going to be worse. The weather is nice and the laundry is piling up quickly. I do have a clothes line in my back yard, but in Hillsborough people burn their leaves (I know how wrong/terrible it is - not to mention we're in a drought and have a ban on burning) so when I hang out our laundry it smells like burnt leaves. Yuck. I hope the Repair Goddess is with me tomorrow.

No comments: