Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Holy shit...

you really can find anything on the internet! Last Friday, before my sons went to their dad's house they told me they wanted to be Jawas for Halloween. They showed me a picture from a Star Wars library book. It was barely helpful. Today, after a trip to the fabric store and a guess-timation that six and a half yards would get me two costumes I was at a loss for how to proceed. After some grumbling I thought I would google it and dudes here's a website
jawa robe pattern. Google and ye shall find! After that I sewed two costumes in less than two hours. They are not fabulous, but since I had no idea what I was getting into, I am pleased.

I am knitting like a house on fire over here! I've solved my co-worker holiday gift giving dilemma and am feeling pretty confident that I will have the time and energy to accomplish my goals. I'm behind on my socks (three pair - half done - no, not SSS, just startitis for other projects). Those projcts are: the frogged first smoke ring and am doing it in the Old Shale pattern (a.k.a. feather and fan) and another pair of socks to be gifted.

Oh, and there is more spinning in the works. Some of my fiber from funky carolina is on the Louet bobbin right now...and calling to me... Maybe some pictures tomorrow.

No comments: