Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A little bit of this and that

My Thanksgiving consisted mostly of knitting in front of the computer I was using like a tv. Did I mention how much I love Parenthood?  I like the characters, the amazing cast, the story line - I'm pretty much all about the Bravermans these days.  A friend told me about it and I started watching on Netflix from the beginning.  I am completely caught up now thanks to hulu, lots of knitting, and plenty of alone time.

I managed to do a little spinning too.


The spindle on the right has been Navajo plied into 88 yards of this.


I finished the second handspun/commercial yarn cowl.  Shorter than the first version, but equally cozy.


Here's a close up.


Chicky and a chicken doing some model work on the cowl.  (The chicken is a natural, isn't she?)


Here's a close up of the cowl without a chicken in the way.


I've also been knitting and felting small bags.  Here's the one listed on Etsy and I'm off to take pictures of the second.  They're turning out well - it's hard to list them.  I keep thinking they would make great gifts.


I have a freaky story of how I burned myself last night, but I'll save that for another day.  Today is all about the wool!

No comments: