Sunday, June 29, 2008

Over the Rhine

For the past few days I have been besotted with a band that has been around for a long time, but I had never heard, Over the Rhine. If you follow the link, there's a blue box on the page that is a record player and you can hear their whole album The Trumpet Child. The band is a husband and wife with varying supporting musicians from what I gather. I cannot get over her voice. I've heard other people say she sounds like Nora Jones and I can hear that, but it's more sophisticated too. I had the record player open on my desktop and finally went over to iTunes and bought the album. And since I can't resist the little moving pictures on YouTube here's a video of one of the stripped down songs live:



When we were at a friend's pool last week (the same one we rescued tadpoles from) Chicky found another gray tree frog and it seemed very content to hang out on her in the water.

frog shoulder

Morgan had a turn with it too. My peeps sure like amphibians!

morgan frog

I have about three inches to go on the first ziggy sock! I hope to have a picture up tomorrow - whohoo!

After finishing the household chores of cleaning, I may do some dyeing. I think it will be hot enough that I won't have to steam the wool, I can just leave it out in the sun and the dye will set.

No comments: