Saturday, July 05, 2008

Le Tour de Fleece

Katherine is doing another Le Tour de Fleece and this year the challenge is to spin from your stash.  This is perfect for me since I haven't been spinning at all and have a lovely stash to pick from!  It's going to be a good break from the sadness of Ziggy the Noro Sock (I digress, more Ziggy later). My goal is to spin every day from today through July 27.  I'm not picky, drop spindle or wheel.  Today I've been spinning some fiber I got from Sarah back in March - the happy, soft Ember. It's superwash Corriedale and it practically spins itself!  

ember


Ziggy, as I mentioned earlier, is half finished.  The problem is I don't know if I want to make the other one.  I am a very loose knitter, I knit this sock so loose I was afraid the stitches were going to looks big and gappy when I was done.  They don't.  I can barely get my foot into the sock.  It will be really hard for me to knit another sock the same way knowing it will barely fit, so maybe Le Tour de Fleece is perfect timing! A break from knitting right now might be just what  I need.

ziggy1fin


I'll try and post spinning pictures tomorrow.  Who knows? There may even be a finished yarn!

No comments: