Tuesday, January 01, 2008

So long 2007, hello new year & new fibery pursuits

I finished Bowen's socks yesterday morning, so I officially made nine pair of socks in 2007. Bowen is very happy with his socks and has them on right this minute.

Bowen's socks

Now to finish the other three pair of socks still on the needles from last year. I'm having some intense need to cast on, so I started Morgan's socks. He would like a longer cuff in some orange and yellow Opal.

I had a quiet New Year's by myself yesterday. The fireworks and gunshots got a little old around 1 am. The children stayed up to ring in the new year at their dad's house with root beer floats, and considering the lack of sleep, have been quite agreeable today. Chicky has been holding her guinea pig (we found Cocoa's "spot" that makes her purr), and they boys are playing games. Not a bad way to start the new year.

No comments: