Friday, November 23, 2007

Hey, want to see my monkeys?

Heh. The Socks that Rock Chickabiddy Monkeys are finished! I heart them... a lot.

chicabiddy socks finished

News from sock land: I couldn't resist the urge to cast on for me, so I'm working on Conwy socks from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush. The yarn selection is numma numma toasty in black cherry jam. So far, they are yummy. The colors and the stitch pattern are both working well together.

conwy

Yea! In other exciting sock news the second of Roza's socks was also cast on last night and the first couple of inches completed. Give me more socks!

In gift making news, I've started Chicky's teacher gift. The soft drawstring pouch from Last Minute Knitted Gifts in Mango Moon's recycled silk. I have almost two skeins leftover, and I know Sarah will like it. It looks like a mass of fuzzy nothingness right now, but don't ya love the Loopy Ewe stitch marker? It's the little things...

silk pouch

This is yet another experiment in small knitted sock ornaments. These two are done in Cascade 220 superwash on size 5 needles. I'm not sure I like them yet.

green stocking ornament

red stocking ornament

Tomorrow I get my children back from their father, so I probably won't have much time to knit. I'm enjoying the luxury of my alone time today. I even got sucked into The Way We Were on Oxygen. Babs and Bob - what could be better knitting TV?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the ornaments! Very cute.

And great job on the Chickabiddy's.