Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Startitis

So, I've decided I hate that Log Cabin square. I have cast on for the Mason-Dixon blanket (huge) and I don't have enough yarn for the whole thing, but that's what yarn stores are for, right? Then I started looking at the flickr groups (four of which I have joined, ALL related to knitting or spinning) and I kept seeing Elizabeth Zimmerman's baby surprise jacket. I have The Knitting Workshop, that pattern has taunted me for a while now. So, I head for the stash and decide while some Noro would be beautiful, it's not so practical for a small creature that tends to vomit spontaneously. Digging for the cotton. I have some warshrag cottons left over - I know, given my defeat with the Log Cabin square do I want to risk a whole baby jacket to scraps? They are all in the same color family, and I can alternate the solids with the variegated to make it easy on the eyes. We'll see.....

I also want to start a new pair of monkey socks in some Lorna's Laces I had started a Chevron Scarf. It didn't look right to me ... too tight, so I frogged it. Now I'm thinking about making Sock Bug's Lacy Scallops Socks Sock Bug with the blue I was going to use.

I ordered some yarn from the Loopy Ewe and after I placed the order I immediately added four more skeins to my cart (but I didn't hit "check out" - I'm so proud) but they are gorgeous and calling out "Chevron Scarf - woohoo!" to me.

Add to that the bags I am making for co-workers for the Holidays (it's are only four and a half months away) and all I want to do is something other than making bags. It's a pretty quick bag. Oh, and the socks I promised Elena. Maybe I shouldn't start anything else ... today anyway.

No comments: