Friday, June 02, 2006

Time is a wastin' people!

Grandma and Grandpa will be here on Monday. Yep, that means cleaning and throwing shit in the attic and closets. My house has very little storage (very sad) and I typically use any available space for yarn storage. In order to not seem so pathetic, I've tidied the "yarn table" and my dear friend Elena came over and KICKED ASS on my living room, family room, art shelves, and Chicky's bedroom! The organizing gene skipped me, totally. I can throw things away, but when it comes to a cluttered room I tend to do stream-of-consciousness cleaning. I start in one room, carry something to another room to put it away and start cleaning there too, and then I have something to go somewhere else and, well, you get the picture. It's ugly. An hour into it and the whole house is torn apart and hopelessness sets in. So not pretty.

I still have to do my desk and catch up on the laundry and get my bedroom set up to be the "guest room." It's good I don't get the children back until Sunday morning. Chicky will be happy I'm bunking with her all week. That is like gravy to her.

No comments: