Saturday, June 10, 2006

End of school and more FO's

Dad and Jean left yesterday and you cannot tell that Elena kicked butt on the house at all. Chaos reigns supreme once more.

The great news is that I finished the blanket in time for the last day of school. The class was gathered to look at the blanket when the mother of the unborn baby it was being gifted to walked in the door. She joined the gathering and when she saw the blanket she said it was the first thing she was putting around the new baby. I decided to make it look more like a quilt (that's the tie part) because of all the different sized squares. It would have been almost impossible to make invisible seams.

Bowen's class knitted blanket

Here is a felted box (Mason-Dixon Knitting, my friends) that I finished at 10:30 pm the night before it was being gifted. I am so pleased with the way it turned out, I'm making some for me. They're quick, lovely, and very addicting.

Felted box

I totally enjoy getting my children's portfolios at the end of the year. This is Chicky's self-portrait.

Erin self-portrait

She said some kids made fun of it, but I told her how much I liked it and that it reminds me of Lauren Child's illustrations (Clarice Bean). As a child, I had no idea how to draw; how to see and interpret what I was seeing. I love that about my children, they each have an interesting perspective when it comes to art.

No comments: