Tuesday, January 24, 2006

And then I knit some more...

I ordered my yarn for my shawl - yea! And the lovely people at Schoolhouse Press said, "Would you like anything else?" Well, of course! How kind of you to ask! Three balls of you Highland wool so my children may knit garter stitch dolls, and also Handknitting with Meg Swansen. They are so accommodating and I really did want more and more yarn, but I stopped myself.

Here's the shawl (and, in the spirit of full-disclosure, this is not me):

shawl18


I also started knitting I-cord gloves. I found the pattern on Nona's blog (nonaknits.typepad.com) and they rock! I've got all the digits knit, and the four fingers attached. I am now knitting down toward the palm and am excited about adding on the thumb. She suggests knitting all ten digits and then proceeding, but at my house there would be sad, severed, knitted fingers strewn all over the place. I am using leftover sock yarn. The fingers are black and the "body" will be in self patterning Opal (I don't remember the pattern). Hopefully, there will be enough for two gloves. Here's the beginning bit:

i-cord glove

In bookland, I've finally started The Secret Life of Bees. I've had it on my shelf since October, and when my parents were here on care-taking duty my mom read it and loved it. I am really liking it so far. Right now I'm torn between working on the glove and reading...Maybe I'll do a couple rounds on the gloves and then read. Sounds like a plan...

Tomorrow I write the Yarn Harlot and say, "Count me in, Sister."

No comments: