Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Parade? Here's a parade

Today is a day of parades. There are lots of little community parades all over today. I'm having a little parade of my own: UFO's. The first is an old project that I was scared to pick up again because I had used the needles for something else, and it uses two sizes and I couldn't for the life of me remember what they were. Think I've got a handle on that one now, and there's not so much left to finish, so it's feeling finishable. The pattern is Rebecca Hatcher's Grecian Plait. I'm using Goddess Yarns Carmen (pima cotton). It's got a very smooth hand. You can't see the stitch definition very well in this picture, but when she's done I'll do a close up.

Grecian Plait

The next is my Welsh County Stockings from Folk Socks by Nancy Bush. I have a passel of yarn for the socks in this book and I am waaaay behind in production. Sigh.

welsh country stockings

More unfinished socks, railroad rib (Fiber Trends) in Tofutsies yarn.

railroad rib


And, last but not least, The Potholder-loop Rug. I need six more bags of loops and it will be the right size for a bath mat. It called for size 35 needles, but I used size 19. The giant pointy sticks are also useful if a vampire happens to sneak up on you while you're knitting - just Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer it's ass.

potholder-loop rug

There's my parade. It's about all I'm up for today.

No comments: