Wednesday, September 21, 2005

UGH!

I can't do it all...I was spinning some roving I dyed and I want to spin four spindle cops full so I can cable them...I am knitting a shrug in Inca Alpaca that is sooooo soft....Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman arrived today...I still need to clean the kitchen after I scarfed one and a half calzones...Which one should I do? Hey, maybe that's why people had children years ago. I used to wonder how women had time to knit, create the Leaning Tower of Pisa out of macaroni with the kids, weed the garden, do the canning, the laundry, the cleaning, and cook "real" meals three times a day - child labor! Maybe I could train my children to cook, clean, and do the laundry and then I could spend all my "free" time persuing my favorite things. Huh. I don't think it would work. Chicky is pretty good at the dishes, but I'm sure the laundry wouldn't be sorted before it was washed, and I can't imagine the folding. The kids used to vacuum their own rooms, but I found the boys in their room checking the weight and size limit of the sucking power of my late 1970's model Electrolux and thought maybe that responsibility should wait for later - mostly because the vacuum needs to last another couple of decades.

I suck at prioritizing. I suck because mostly I prioritize so I know which items on the agenda I can procrasinate (and I'm always looking for a good excuse). That is all fine when it comes to housework, but totally blows when it comes to literary, fiber-y, and musical pursuits.

No comments: