Monday, September 05, 2005

Long time, no post

I have been incredibly slack about posting and I even have some pictures to put up, but not today. Steve Earle at the NC Museum of Art in Raleigh was great. His songs sound just as good when he's alone on an acoustic guitar as they do with a bluegrass or rock band behind him. I would love to see him with The Bluegrass Dukes, but he doesn't seem to come this far east with them.

Aside from being distracted by current events: hurricane Katrina, Iraq, and two vacant seats in the Supreme Court, my life is very blessed and calm. One.org has a list of organizations that are taking donations for Katrina (including Heifer International and Oxfam America).

This past weekend has been full of spinning, a little dyeing, and some guitar and mandolin practice. Friday night the children and I went with our lovely friend, Becca, to see the Paperhand Puppet Intrevention at UNC. The children were mesmerized. I am not really a fan of puppets, but these were amazing and gorgeous. Check them out at paperhand.org .

Tomorrow, pictures.

No comments: