Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Anybody need some yarn?

I've been dyeing yarn, but not putting it in my Etsy shop.  It's been going on consignment to Cozy where it is selling well!  Who wouldn't buy scrumptious yarn if it's right there in front of them? Exactly.  Unlike the interwebs where one is reduced to choosing by descriptive words and well-lit pictures, seeing a yarn in person brings in all one's senses into play.  It's much harder to resist in person.

Here's a sample of some of my "regular" dyeing that is soon leaving my abode.  This is 100% superwash Blue Faced Leicester in DK weight.  There are 246 yards per hank.

new sw bfl dk weight yarn

More bags have been knit and felted and are waiting on their zipper insertion. I'm taking the little buggers with me next time.  Shortening a zipper is no big deal, but why do it if it's not absolutely necessary?

striped bags

There are twenty skeins of yarn out on the patio drying at this very moment.  They are all merino (none superwash) and are a departure from my regular dyeing method.  I'm pleased with the results and will post pictures once they are dry.

I'm hoping my new printer gets here so I'm not making 20 handmade labels for yarn.  My handwriting has gotten crappy due to lack of use and I hate inflicting it on others!


No comments: