Wednesday, November 29, 2006

AAAGH! The holidays are upon us...

It's getting down to crunch time, holiday speaking. As for coworkers, they are sure to be disappointed after last year's home knit frenzy. I've done a few warshrags, but my knittin' thumb has been down for the last couple of weeks, due to a stupid move at Pet Smart, and some intensive painting on the weekends. The children, now that they know Santa is me, want to know what their budget is (where is the fun in that, I ask you?). I've got a few things tucked away, but my American children are all about American commerce over here, and I don't have the budget for it, to be honest. Bringing up Laura Ingles Wilder and her orange, peppermint stick, and new cup don't win me any bonus points.

I'm thinking about a few of these as stocking stuffers. You know, support your favorite radio program, and harmless, squishy fun. http://www.prettygoodgoods.org/product/show/4865 (Sorry about the lack of cool linkage, but I am a non-computer geek.)

In other news, at long last, a picture of my first lace shawl. Pattern by the amazing Meg Swansen, Goddess of Knitting, bravely carrying on her mother's legacy.

Swansen shawl finished

Must go, I'm off to play Spite and Frustration with my brood.

No comments: