Sunday, May 21, 2006

Knitting Progress

I'm not done with the Olympic Shawl yet. There's a friend's birthday and a baby on the way that have kind of sent me off course for a little while.

The Sunflower Shell is almost done. The back and front are supposed to be the same, but I decided to make the back plain. The glitch is in the finishing. I'm not sure how I'm going to make the edging as pretty on the back as it is on the front. Ah, a challenge...

back of shell

A co-worker is expecting a rather large baby in a few weeks and I decided that baby needs a kimono. The pattern is by Christina Shiffman and is in Mason-Dixon Knitting. I think I will have to make another that is larger, so this is a trial run.

Newborn baby kimono

Happiness is a new sock, in a rockin' pattern. It never ceases to entertain me, self-patterning yarn. I am also a banana-head about trying to make both socks MATCH. This is very important to me. I don't know why, I consider myself something of a rebel in my regular life, but when it comes to socks the rebel leaves and becomes an anal-retentive, yarn-measuring knitter.

new sock

The other day, I received a gift of a wig for the dramatic play section of the childcare program where I teach. Bowen decided to try it on. He loved it so much, he now wants to let his hair grow out. He looks like a little skater dude. I don't care whether he has long hair or not, his father had long hair when I met him and was certainly part of the attration.

Bowenlonghair

No comments: